New World Academy
Welcome to NWA! If you are a completely new member, you will need to Register, and then log in. If you are an already registered member, log in and go about your business with NWA!
New World Academy
Welcome to NWA! If you are a completely new member, you will need to Register, and then log in. If you are an already registered member, log in and go about your business with NWA!
New World Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bringing the best out of everyone!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
Phantom (271)
Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_vote_lcapLesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_voting_barLesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_vote_rcap 
imsosorry1997 (230)
Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_vote_lcapLesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_voting_barLesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_vote_rcap 
Pepchoninga (104)
Charles (93)
supdesup (57)
BlackFireBlaster (54)
Trent (45)
L Lawliet (40)
*Judgment Dragon* (38)
Kakashi (33)
Affiliates
GDA
free forum

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 93 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:42 am

Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype

Go down 
+6
L Lawliet
Noel
supdesup
Trent
Patchwork
Pepchoninga
10 posters
AuthorMessage
(Akatsuki) Light

(Akatsuki) Light

DuelingNetwork Name : (Akatsuki) Light

Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype Empty
PostSubject: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 6:17 am

Hey, everyone and welcome to the first lesson at NWA! Now, Iam sure everyone of you has heard of the DD and DDD monsters. They are the new archetypes which has been introduced quite recently. To be honest, I haven't seen many play DDD much, even though,if played right they can be really strong. So,keeping this in mind,I am going to talk about this new archetype and if fortune permits, there will be duelists who will starts using them!

First off, let me say, as a personal opinion, this deck is complicated. So, I can understand why many people don't use it. The primary goal, of course, is to manipulate your resources in such a manner that you always come out with more and bigger cards than your opponent. This is accomplished through the Covenant cards, DD Lilith, and the DDD monsters themselves. Some of the Traps are also used to great effect to maintain or recover your card presence.

For those who have used this deck, you may have noticed that, the main drawback of this deck is, obviously, Life Points. In exchange for the incredible power you gain over your resources, you run the risk of losing a LOT of Life Points.

As i have used this deck before,I can say that cards like : DD Night Howling, DD Magical Astronomer Kepler, DD Cerberus, DD Lilith and DD Magical Astronomer Galilei-- these 5 DD cardsare quite obvious choices for someone who is running this deck. As a personal experience, I've found that a well played Galilei can also save you from self-defeat if you happen to find yourself with multiple Covenants and not a lot of LP.

Now, the DDD monsters serve as "Boss"monsters for this Archetype, which ironically, have been named after historical war leaders. DDD Hell Armageddon the Cruel End Overlord is a 3000 atk beater that can't be destroyed by cards like mirror force or even Dark hole and for the new format, Raigeki! Other than him, there's also, DDD Kaiser the Conquest Overlord, which negates the effect of ALL face up cards your opponent controls until the end phase! DDD Leonidas the Rebellious Lord, protects you from effect damage while its in the monster card zone and also helps you regain LP after you have lost it by an card effect, including that of the covenant cards!Apart from this, this archetype allows you to pendulum summon DD/DDD monsters from levels 2 to 9, providing you with high level summoning options(Keep in mind that the scales on the pendulum cards like Galilei or Kepler have to decreased or increased each SP) So, by now, I am sure you can understand that while the deck has countless strategies, which i can guarantee it has, if played right, this deck can easily stand up to any deck.

This archetype is supported by spells and traps by name "Covenant". Covenant with the Hell Gate, Covenant with the Swamp King and Covenant with the Valkyrie are the only spell and traps respectively that support this archetype. Other than the Covenant cards, Lease Laundering and DD recruit are also great cards!

The archetype has one monster for each Fusion, Synchro and Xyz.
Fusion: DDD Temujin the Blaze Overlord.
Synchro: DDD Alexander the Gale Overlord
Xyz: DDD Caesar the Wave overlord.
All these monsters have the effect of being able to special summon DD monsters from the grave, but as you may have guessed, it requires LP, specifically by Caeser, though, it allows us to summon any monsters that were destroyed during a turn at the end of Battle Phase. So, a little price has to be paid, right? Smile Other than the DDD cards, other cards like Evilswarm Exciton Knight and rank 4 Xyz are obvious choices.

I hope you all haven't been bored yet? Smile Let me tell you, at the end of this lesson , i am hoping that you all will atleast try and build a DDD deck and duel with it. I will say it again, the Archetype's really complicated. It requires you to think things through. You have to be able to do long combinations in your head and be able to see them clearly. It may sound hard, but once you get the hang of it, the deck can kill! And there are tons of combinations possible.

I hope you have enjoyed this Lesson. I had fun writing it. I hope someone will try and build this deck. The decks fun to play with once you know about it! So, go try it out! See you again at the next lesson! Smile

Back to top Go down
Pepchoninga

Pepchoninga

DuelingNetwork Name : Pepchoninga

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 6:29 am

Well done Light. A great start ^^ i hope i see some strategyis soon ;D
Back to top Go down
Patchwork

DuelingNetwork Name : Blueeyesninja

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:04 am

Before this lesson, I was actually considering making DDDs. This has just made me want to play them more! Maybe one of the days you could add to this, detailing Combos! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trent

Trent

DuelingNetwork Name : Nickstarz

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:11 am

Nice lesson,Light! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
(Akatsuki) Light

(Akatsuki) Light

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:32 am

Thanks everyone! Smile I will be posting another lesson on the strategies that i know of that can be played with DD/DDD. I will post it sometime next week, other wise, the deck can be a little complicated, so I am taking things slowly at the start.
Back to top Go down
supdesup
Ra
supdesup

DuelingNetwork Name : supdesup

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:39 am

nice one dude
Back to top Go down
Noel

Noel

DuelingNetwork Name : OnlyGodCanStopMeNow

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 6:47 am

nice lesson
Back to top Go down
L Lawliet

L Lawliet

DuelingNetwork Name : zarnold98

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 7:20 am

Wow my fav archetype i love u man <3
Back to top Go down
patrick1324

DuelingNetwork Name : patrick1324

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 11:45 pm

so, how to build a good DD deck?
Back to top Go down
(Akatsuki) Light

(Akatsuki) Light

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 12:55 am

Thanks, guys. Smile And, patrick1324, the best way to build any deck is to first learn about it, its cards and effects properly and then build one that suits your playing style. DD/DDD decks can be a bit complicated to build for some, as I have observed, but the best way to do it is to first think of some good strategies that you want to go with and then build your deck accordingly. Of course, some cards are staple in this deck. So, research a bit from the Net and from my lesson and try and build one. Then, I will see if it needs some improvement. Smile
Back to top Go down
patrick1324

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 1:00 am

thank you, after i build this deck, i will post it here to get suggestion from a good teacher like you^^
Back to top Go down
(Akatsuki) Light

(Akatsuki) Light

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 1:42 am

You're Welcome, patrick1324. Smile
Back to top Go down
ScottyAdams

DuelingNetwork Name : ScottyAdams

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Good lesson
Back to top Go down
patrick1324

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 9:42 pm

my deck is get from net, so no need to show....

question: how to summon ddd temujin the blaze overlord and alexander the gale overlord and 1 lv7 fiend synchro monster in one turn?

the first combo i get is......(the relationship/combo between ddd fusion and ddd synchro)

how to summon this these two monster +1 lv7 synchro fiend monster in 1 turn with 4 cards in your hand

the card you need is:
one for one + 1 monster need to discard for cost for one for one(2)
hellgate/swamp king (either one)(1)
dd lilith/dd night howling(1)

1)activate one for one to summon magical astronomer from deck.
2)use magical astronomer to search the covenant card you need.
3)activate hellgate to search lilith or night howling
4)activate swamp king to send magical astronomer(will send to extra deck instead) and lilith to graveyard, to summon temujin.
5)normal summon howling, use howling eff to special summon lilith from graveyard.
6)trigger lilith eff, add magical astronomer from extra deck to your hand.
7)synchro summon alexander, trigger temujin(fusion) effect to ss lilith from graveyard.
8)trigger alexander(synchro) effect to ss howling from graveyard.
9)synchro summon a lv7 synchro monster again.

so the basic combo you should know is:
send lilith to graveyard with swamp king so can special summon to the field by howling effect.

this is the basic combo 1^^
Back to top Go down
(Akatsuki) Light

(Akatsuki) Light

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 1:20 am

True, this is a way of getting them in one turn. However, always spamming the field with monsters is not always a good strategy. But, your explanation is correct, provided you have the cards in your hand. I will be posting the strategies next week. Thanks for the early one though. Smile
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*

*Judgment Dragon*

DuelingNetwork Name : *Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:51 am

Very informative.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype   Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lesson 1:DD and DDD Archtype
Page 1 of 1